Why Choose SPARC?
SPARC was developed by food service professionals for food service professionals.
Based on the premise that healthy kids build healthy communities our goals include; providing the freshest and most nutritious ingredients, to provide the tastiest meals, at the best possible value. Kids can be picky eaters so every dollar you save on the basics can go toward providing a wider variety of appetizing foods.
We offer the lowest overall cost:
- Our maximum member price is $250.00, compared with upwards of $3595 with some of our competitors.
- We do all commodity and commercial bids for you so there are no other third-party fees.
- First year membership is free.
- We offer the highest rebates and best discounts of any of Michigan’s consortiums, giving you money back on all the cases you buy plus early payment rebates.
- We have very low commodity and commercial bid pricing; you will receive any volume discounts from manufacturers.
SPARC partners with Sysco, offering over 10,000 commodity and commercial food items.
We complete a milk and bread bid.
Personalized service: If you need assistance from SPARC, the director will come to visit you, anywhere in the state of Michigan, including the UP. We will never put you under any pressure to sign just give you the information you need to make an educated decision.
We have many educational resources available, such as a private recipe exchange and annual food fair to ensure every child can enjoy a healthy meal.
SPARC gives back.
- We provide grants to assist our members who would like to the attend our SPARC August Conference .
- We provide Educational Scholarships for our member’s students.
- We give our members grants for special district projects.
It’s easy to switch. Our competitors may tell you otherwise, but the truth is all you have to do is check the SPARC Consortium box on your CNAP renewal application.
Ready to become a member? Check the SPARC Consortium on your CNAP Renewal Application.